Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

First Week of School = CHECK! and some scatterbrained thoughts

                                                
                                               image


Well! I survived my first week of college!!!! Hip hip hooray! I mean in total it was probably only 8 hours that I actually spent in the school, but you know.. it’s been a while! Anyway, I love all my classes and teachers and am really excited to be back in school. If anything my classes are a bit on the boring side so far, just because math is Precalculus and I’ve already taken that class in high school! Albeit, I understood diddly squat the first time, I think it was because I was never focused and I never actually did the pre-reading... or the homework... *shrugs* It just wasn’t meant to be back then!

And I have english 101 which is standard and quite uninteresting so far. So is psychology, which is a bit of a bummer since that was the class I was really looking forward to this year. one thing I like about me school though, is how independent the teachers let us be. They’re kinda just there to guide us when we need help and it really makes me feel good about myself. In some weird I- Am-Woman-Hear-Me-Roar type of way. They also speak to us like we’re equals which I really appreciate. Oh and I can use my cellphone in class, and it’s not like I spend the entire class time sending tweets and what not, but if we’re doing work and I’m done or something I will pull it out and play some candy crush. My current addiction.

One thing that’s grown on me at least right now, I can still stand it, is walking to school. It’s really fun because I will put in my headphones and listen to some really indie rockish-makes me wanna wear a leather jacket type of music and act like the sidewalk is my catwalk. I don my super cool sunglasses and I feel like I can conquer the world!

So far, I haven’t made any friends in school, which is also quite the mood dampener. But I just don’t know how to go about asking someone if they wanna be besties! Should I bring flowers? Ask them to dinner? I don’t know. I guess it’s also the fear of being rejected, like putting myself out there and then someone being like “what the hell crawl back to wherever you came from freak!” Ya know! I know logically no one would really say that but still. It’s nerve wracking. 

Currently, I am sitting in the Starbucks, I have dubbed as mine, because it’s so close to where I live. And drinking a Green tea frap that kinda tastes like shit but I still drink it because I don’t know what else to do to pass the time. As you can probably guess, I have not had any luck on the Job searching front. And before you go judging me! I AM TRYING! I have applied to so many places I have lost track! They all have been nursing jobs and no one has called me back! I guess it’s time to look for another type of job. Which really makes me upset because I went and took the time to get this fancy nursing license and no one will hire me! And it sucks doubly because everyone I talked to told me I’d easily find a job and that they’re always hiring in Phoenix and what not. LIES. ALL OF THEM. 

So those are my troubles now. 

There is nothing that positive going on in my life, which really sucks.

And I have new upstairs neighbors. You wanna know how I found out? well I’ll tell you! They stomp around ALL DAY AND NIGHT. I am not even joking right now from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep all I hear is the creaking above me. I kinda wanna ask them if they could maybe lay some mattresses down and walk on those.
Oh! one positive thing right now is that I now have contacts! they make me feel fab. Seriously, so far they’re kind of a bitch to put on, but once they’re in I take a good long look at myself and think, “so this is what I look like without glasses.” Wow. 

At the moment, I’m really glad I decided to start a blog because sometimes I go back and read what I’ve written and I think wow. This is my life now. This is some crazy stuff! Even thought nothing crazy has happened I still am so happy that I made this move and set out to build a life and become an independent person. Even though it gets super duper lonely most of the time. I still am so thankful for this experience. 

Well, I feel like this a good place to stop, because I really have to go home a do some studying and homework if I wanna enjoy my weekend, doing nothing.. *chuckles uncomfortably*. 

okay bye.



xoxo, Jasmin

No comments:

Post a Comment