Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

My Life So Far: A Novel by Yours Truly

imageimageimageimageimage


So I haven’t blogged in a while and I have a completely legit explanation for that! I promise! See the thing is I moved to Glendale on the 30th of July and my cousins and my sister stayed over at my house because I begged them so I wouldn’t be lonely those first few days. 

They ended up staying ‘til the 1st of August and we all did super fun stuff. 

On the first day I was there we went to Ikea and I bought myself a LACK coffee table (one of the cheapy’s cuz I mean why spend hundreds of dollars on something that’s gonna get messed up anyway ay know!) as well as a LACK Side table! now all I need is a TV. But those things cost quite a handful. Something I’m definitely not willing to shell out while I still don’t have a job. 

After we got my house all set up and several hours worth of a tearful goodbye with my parents, we went in search of my apartments pool. It was 8 pm by the time we got in. All in all a pretty decent day.

The next day I took them (my cousins/sister) shopping at the Arrowhead Town Center/Mall thing, using my handy dandy samsung s4 navigation thingy ma jig. That thing is like my best friend right now while I discover the city and places that are essential to my survival. Like Starbucks. ;) 

Anyway on the third day they were there, we went to the world wildlife Zoo and let’s just say if I didn’t lose several pounds during that trip, I don’t think I ever will. I ran around with my cousin like two 5 year olds hopped up on pixie Sticks. It was a nice 500 degrees outside too. I’d say sufficiently suffocating. We spent nearly half the time inside the aquarium and baby animals exhibit. (there were only 2 baby animals btw.) 
Parrots!!
Tiger!

Fox!
Kangaroo looking thing!

After that when we were leaving I got to experience my first Haboob. That’s a sandstom. It was quite scary and I thought I was gonna die, thankfully I didn’t! heh. We went to dinner and then after another couple hours worth of tearful goodbyes. They left. I did not wanna let go of my baby sister! I mean how is she going to live without me! I’ve been taking care of her for nearly 8 whole years!  Hello separation anxiety! Here I come! 

Anyway lately I’ve just been going out and exploring the oh-so-great city of Glendale so I won’t fall into a deep pit of depression. Because that’s what it feels like. I go home and there’s no one there. I feel like crying every time I step out of my room. The worst times are between 5 and 10 pm. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s because those used to be family times at home? I don’t know but those times are when I have to be careful with my thoughts because they can get reeeeaalllly depressing. :c

At the moment, I am blogging from the Public Library, because I don’t have any internet at my house (super duper sad face), I’ve discovered so pretty cool places around here and am just really excited to start school in a couple of weeks! 

Well that’s all I can think of to write about, so far living alone isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, but hopefully I’ll get used to it (passively shrugs). 

Ttyl

Jasmin 

No comments:

Post a Comment